Cloud solutions stay up-to-date through timely updates. Automated testing can easily protect your organization from costly and time consuming regressions.
One of the most important criteria for test quality is test coverage. Can you imagine how test automation would help to improve this measurement?
AUDIT YOUR SOLUTION DURING DEPLOYMENT
As a customer you are responsible to sign off the deployment. How are you sure you tested everything? Let 4Deets automated testing perform 75% of the audit for you.
AVOID USER COMPLAINTS
Better test quality, better test coverage and ongoing regression testing results in fewer user complaints. Increased user satisfaction leads to higher user adoption.
DO YOU WANT TO GET MORE INFORMATION?
4Deets is a division of Exaserv focused on Test Automation Solutions for SuccessFactors. 4Deets delivers test strategy workshops, automated test packages for all modules of SuccessFactors and test automation consulting and development services.
Exaserv is a Global SuccessFactors Solution Provider. Our main packaged solution “Exaserv One”, combines the reselling of SuccessFactors with deployment, customer care and continuous improvement.
4Deets’ Testing solution consists of the leading open source automation server, automation framework, browser automation and testing execution.
Behavior-driven development (BDD) is a software development methodology in which an application is specified and designed by describing how its behavior should appear to an outside observer.
Manual versus Automated Testing
- Manual testing is prone to human error, hence it is less reliable.
- Manual testing is very time-consuming.
- Cost defined by human resources.
- Manual testing is only practical when the test cases are run once or twice, and frequent repetition is not required.
- Manual testing allows for human observation, which is more useful if the goal is user-friendliness or improved customer experience.
- Automated testing is more reliable, as it is performed by software tools and/or scripts.
- Automated testing is executed by software tools, so it is significantly faster than a manual approach.
- Largest cost component are the testing tools.
- Automated testing is a better option when the test cases are run repeatedly over a long time period.
- Automated testing does not entail human observation and cannot guarantee user-friendliness or positive customer experience.
All Aspects of Testing
Test automation Approach
8 steps of Test Automation
4 Deets uses eight steps within its test automation approach, going from scope definition to monitoring. 4Deets' services covers all steps of the testing approach.
- Automation Scope Definition
- Test automation should cover at least 75% of the tests required for regression testing, focus there first!
- Framework Set-up
- We use best-of-breed open source solutions that are designed for web-based cloud applications.
- Environment Configuration
- All configuration is maximized for adaptability and possible changes during release updates.
- Test Data Preparation
- Test Data is crucial. Test automation is used to set up the test data.
- Automated Test Creation
- Automated test are set up using the BDD (Behaviour Driver Development).
- Test Run & Analysis
- One single environment to review all test runs and results. Use of test step reporting and failed screen shots.
- Automated Test Support
- Focus on easy maintenance of test automation scenarios through focused micro team structure.
- Test Automation Monitoring
- Automatic Notifications and dashboard monitoring.